Welcome to Families Matter, Inc.
Families Matter, Inc. provides Adult Community Support Services. This service creates the opportunity for community integration, while improving social skills and personal independence. Families Matter, Inc. works on a variety of goals and objectives, which are driven and supported by the Person Centered Planning process. All activities are therapeutic and goal based.
Combination of Families Matter, Waterville boxing gym, proves to be knockout
The central Maine social services organization brings clients to O'Leary's Boxing in Waterville once a week, a program that's paying off for both the boxers and gym owner Mike Leary.
WATERVILLE — Ryan Jabar stood in the boxing ring at O’Leary’s Fitness on College Avenue. He’d put his crutches aside and Brian McGovern, an aide from Families Matters, held on to the back of his shirt, helping him stay upright and steady.
Jabar, 27, swung at Mike Leary with his black boxing gloves. After he hit Leary’s shoulders and arms for a few rounds, Leary fell to the floor of the ring.
The surrounding group, about 22 people who come to the gymnasium through the Waterville branch of Families Matter, cheered and counted to 10 as Leary tried to grab the rope around the ring. In the end, Jabar was declared the winner.
Families Matter, Inc.'s new Gardiner Location!!
Families Matter, Inc. is excited to announce the opening of fifth 5th program. Our new Gardiner location is at the former Janelle's Family Restaurant on Brunswick Avenue in Gardiner. The Program opened on October 17th. Program activities will include visiting a pumpkin patch, athletics, cooking, shopping and celebrating with other Families Matter Programs..
Latest News from Families Matter, Inc.
- Farmingdale Program will be visiting Topsham on April 16, 2018.
- Waterville Program will be at the gym on April 17, 2018.
- Farmingdale and Augusta Programs will be having a social on April 17, 2018.
- Gardiner Program will be training for Special Olympics on April 17, 2018.
- Skowhegan Program will be making crafts on April 18, 2018.
- Augusta Program will be visiting Five Below on April 19, 2018.
- Farmingdale Program will be making crafts with friends on April 20, 2018.
- Gardiner and Augusta Programs will be making crafts together on April 20, 2018.
- Farmingdale Program will be visiting Barnes & Noble on April 23, 2018.
- Augusta Program will be walking the rail trail on April 23, 2018.
- Skowhegan Program will be having a peer social on April 24, 2018.
- Gardiner Program will be visiting the Maine State Museum on April 25, 2018.
- Waterville Program will be cooking and celebrating birthdays on April 26, 2018.
- Waterville and Augusta Programs will be making crafts on April 27, 2018.
- Farmingdale and Gardiner Programs will be visiting on April 27, 2018.
- Augusta Program will be visiting Marden's on April 30, 2018.
- Gardiner Program will be visiting Belfast on April 30, 2018.
- Waterville Program will be boxing on April 30, 2018.
- Skowhegan Program will be vising the library on April 30, 2018.
- Farmingdale Program will be walking the Rail Trail on April 30, 2018.
Families Matter, Inc. Thanks American Vets Auxiliary Post 33, Jay, Maine
Families Matter, Inc. salutes the Jay, Maine American Vets for all the support and kindness they have shown our company.
Let me tell you about the American Vets in Jay, Maine. The American Vets are a nonprofit organization that was established in 1979. The American Vets firmly believe that service to our country is not just a military duty but a lifelong commitment to helping others in need. The American Vets are a proud sponsor of Special Olympics. The American Vets help others by having fund raisers; they go above and beyond to give back to their community. They support special need individuals when they can’t afford something or if they need anything, they always find a way to make an individual’s dream come true. Families Matter, Inc. would like to say Thank You for everything you do. A special thanks goes out to Jerry Tuckered and the Auxiliary Post 33.